Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

WSOP Omaha Mix - Event #63

dpoker52dpoker52 Posts: 9Subscriber
I am interested in people's thoughts on this event...is it a good value, advice on approach in the different formats, ect. I am mainly a cash game player and have been playing all variants of Omaha for 25 yeas or so. I have a fair amount of tournament experience in Holdem, but I have never played an Omaha tournament. If anyone has any advice that would be great. Also, let me know if CLP has any resources that would help specifically for tournament O8 and Big O. Thanks.

Comments

• ddzddz Posts: 152Subscriber, Professional
    Why don’t u @bart and @thehammah on this for their thoughts. I think they played it last year
  • Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,115Administrator, LeadPro
    edited June 2019
    Ive played in this tourney every year (3 years) that its been offered and have gone deep all three times. It's a great event with a single re entry. The "special" part of the event is that the big bet rounds of PLO8 and Big O are actually half as big as the corresponding $1500 PLO8 event. Meaning if, in level 10 in the $1500 PLO8 the blinds are 600-1200, in this event the blinds are actually 300-600 in level 10. They do this to keep the blinds half of the limit round blinds. This means if you are good at limit you have a huge advantage and you can rightly play the PL rounds super duper tight.

There is plenty of material on O8 and PLO8 in the Crush Live O8 video section here: http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/category/crush-live-o8-videos

Take a look at this specific video on a half PLO8 half LO8 tourney that I took 2nd at at the Commerce a few years ago.. http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/final-table-1100-omaha-8-review
  • dpoker52dpoker52 Posts: 9Subscriber
    Thanks for the details you shared, and the education resources you directed me to, looking forward to the event