Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Hand from Big 50 Flight B - Let's talk about value

DaddyslapDaddyslap Posts: 110Subscriber
Level 2: Blinds 100/300 300 ante. All players involved have stacks of 40k+ to start. Hero has 65k and has been active and aggressive, only however having to show down 2 hands since the event began and both were nutted.

Villain 1 is an older white gentleman, heavy set and clearly here to have some fun. He has bluffed at pots with large sizing (getting caught with bottom pair/missed draw type hands), and thusly gets paid when he has it. Hero has been active with V1.

Villain 2 is a younger looking white kid, relatively passive. He seems to be trying to play taggish, but has sort of given up with 2 aggressive guys on his left (He's seat 4, I'm seat 6) and has now been limping from mid/early position with most of his range.

Hand:

folds to MP (V2) opens to 800. I call in the CO with 4c5c, sb (V1) calls, BB folds.

Flop (3000) Qd10s4d. V1 leads 1100, V2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn (6300) Ad. Check, c, c.

River (6300) 5s. V1 Checks, V2 checks, Hero? Is this a slam dunk value bet given the passive tendencies? A raise from either villain would indicate we are beat, I believe. Can we get called by worse in this spot? If so, is this a spot for small sizing where we expect to get value owned a significant amount of the time?

Your thoughts are appreciated

Comments

• JustfourfunJustfourfun Posts: 200Subscriber
    edited June 2019
    I think your hand is likely best but what hand that is worse than your hand will call you? AK? AJ? There are just too many hands that are check calling the frontdoor diamonds to value bet this river: AQ, AT, KJ, QT, sets, small flushes all have you beat and might be check calling.

This is why 45 suited is a fold pre
  • DaddyslapDaddyslap Posts: 110Subscriber
    I can appreciate the pre advice; I widened my calling range in position significantly due to so much bad play, but it was definitely situational. Stacks were deep (200+bbs) and people have been playing predictably, so I looked for spots and found them.