Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Was this insane?

CardwzzleCardwzzle Posts: 19Subscriber
edited May 2019 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
1/3 MD Live, $265 effective, I have AQhh, solid aggressive utg plr raises $15, mp calls I 3bet to $65 call call. Flop is 832clubs, checks around, got a live tell from mp as he struggled to decide to stab, but didn't. Turn is 7h. I shove my remaining $200 into the $198 pot... Dumb???

Comments

• SonnySonny Posts: 390Subscriber
    edited May 2019
    Dumb? Yes.
    Have I done similar? Yes

You could bet less I guess. I dont think hes calling for $100 but folding for $200. Leaving money behind usually looks stronger too...

Ocassionally you may have the best hand if youre lucky. All hands that have any business getting money in bet the flop. You're betting all overpairs, with or without a club. You're probably betting all AK and AQ with a club. The 7 obviously didnt help... So if they actually think it through and they have anything better theyre probably calling. And they probably have more than just anything since its a 3 bet pot.
    But a lot of players dont think it through! And $200 at $1/3 is a lot, so you might get a fold once in a while, this might get AK without a club to fold... but yeah cant say I reccomend this maneuver.

• CardwzzleCardwzzle Posts: 19Subscriber
    Valid point!
  • SonnySonny Posts: 390Subscriber
    Did it get through?
    edited May 2019
    It did! And the original pre flop raiser said he folded tens immediately to that... Phewwww
  • PokerShamanPokerShaman Posts: 107Subscriber
    What was your position in the hand? Were you in one of the blinds? It sounds like you were out of position for the postflop action.

Unless someone has one or two clubs, that flop looks like it misses a preflop raiser's or flat-caller's ranges, and you as the three-bettor have a powerful range advantage. Yes, it's three ways, and yes, we are out of position, but I think we should at least think about c-betting the flop. It's read- and game-flow-dependent, of course, but I would consider firing another $65 on this flop. It only has to work one time in four to be profitable.
    Yes I was in the BB, yeah a small bluff seems to be legit, they either have a good club, two clubs, or none I guess
  • neverlearn2neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    Lmao at folding tt
    Thanked by 1Cardwzzle