Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1/2 - Weird flop spot - Overpair versus 1.5x pot bet.

CraftBeerWizardCraftBeerWizard Posts: 40Subscriber
edited March 2019 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
$150 effective stacks. Loose table with a bunch of calling stations.

5-way limp pot, I raise OTB to $20 with K K and get 3 callers. (MP, HJ, CO)

$87 in the pot.

Flop: 2 :s: 4 :s: 5

MP jams for $130, folds to me. This is a snap call right, no way we ever fold?

Also - I know the bet sizing is quite large, but necessary at this table. (I raised to $10 UTG with QQ and got 6 calls earlier)

Comments

• Chester DrafmanChester Drafman Posts: 36Subscriber
    I think raising to 25 is better pre at this table. As played it’s a call.
  • the_dude_abidesthe_dude_abides Posts: 331Subscriber
    Gotta call.
  • PotLuckNeededPotLuckNeeded Posts: 58Subscriber, Professional
    I snap so fast you hear a sonic boom.
  • LatvianMissileLatvianMissile Posts: 294Subscriber
    It's a call. You're only behind pockets 2s, 4s and 5s, so 9 combos. Basically drawing dead to A3, but you dominant any pocket pair, any 6x and you're 2-1 v most flush draws. 50-50 with an Ax flush draw. Sucks when you lose it, but it's more profitable to call here.
  • philcphilc Posts: 19Subscriber, Professional
    I'd try to get a read on him but you pretty much have to call... At 1-2 they're liable to do this with any over pair, top pair or flush draw all of which you're killing. If he has a set, 2p or straight (I think at 1-2 you'll see guys playing any 2 cards and he could have any of these...) you just have to pay him most of the time.

Sometimes if you talk to him and he starts goading you into calling/acts super confident etc. you can make a ridiculously exploitative fold though. I've had a guy basically tell me that he had 2p with similar action before and folded KK correctly (though we rabbit hunted and I would have drawn out runner runner, fucckkkk). If you aren't 100% confident with the read though you have to play your cards, and your cards indicate a snap call.
  • CraftBeerWizardCraftBeerWizard Posts: 40Subscriber
    edited March 2019
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I almost folded my hand because I hadn't seen this player jam a flop like this all day. He also showed his hand every time he bet and won a pot, so I would've at least got to see if my fold was a great read. I tried to talk to him, but he was stoic and didn't say a word.

In the end, I call and he flips over A3 . Said he jammed the flop because he didn't want someone drawing to spades.
  • CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I almost folded my hand because I hadn't seen this player jam a flop like this all day. He also showed his hand every time he bet

If you have a read on the guy put in your OP. Adding it now doesn't help us help you, though it does make you look like a genius i guess.
  • CraftBeerWizardCraftBeerWizard Posts: 40Subscriber
    edited March 2019
    CycleV wrote: »

If you have a read on the guy put in your OP. Adding it now doesn't help us help you, though it does make you look like a genius i guess.

Hey Cycle,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry about that. Definitely not trying to look like a genius, just trying to get better. Cheers!
  • CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    NP, I may have taken it wrong. But yeah, post your reads so we can do a better job of being in your shoes.