Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

QQ on weird board/line. Time for thin river value?

GarlandGarland Posts: 518Subscriber
edited March 2019 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Stakes: $3/$5 $200 to $1000 (7 handed)
Effective stack: $500

Only in the game for an orbit or two. Villain is older Asian gentleman who is limp happy pre-flop. He has demonstrated the ability to raise-fold flop as preflop raiser on 77x board with presumably was a pocket pair. Hasn't gotten out of line in few hands observed.

Preflop ($8). Hero is UTG with Q Q and raises to $20, only Villain in CO calls

Flop ($48): 9 8 4. Hero bets $25. CO raises to $55. Hero calls.

Turn ($158): 9. Hero checks planning to fold to any real bet, but CO checks back.

River ($158) T. Hero checks or bets what amount? What do you put villain on?

Comments

• CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    If he doesn't seem like a bluffer, you gotta stick something out there. He could easily have a hand like JT and now has a pair, or he could have an 8, a hand like 66, etc. He can talk himself into you having AdKx. Let him bluff catch a bet like $60.
    Thanked by 1hustlin
  • rappcity15rappcity15 Posts: 40Subscriber
    @CycleV I agree with every point you made but I would size up the river here. $80-$100 seems fine. The v has is gna have AdTx, JJ, JTdx, QTdx for his best value hands. I think those hands will call a bigger river bet. Not sure if 66,77, 8x will call a bet
  • PokerIlluminatiPokerIlluminati Posts: 45Subscriber
    Any thoughts of leading the turn for 75/80 to see where you're at in the hand? If you face aggression, you can put opponent on a flopped flush or straight? I agree w/Rappcity15 that an 80-100 should do the job and get a smaller 2 pair to call.
  • GarlandGarland Posts: 518Subscriber
    edited March 2019
    I think he could have JT with a or A 8 or A 4. I made a micro-bet of $30 on the river and he called. I was good.
    Thanked by 1workinghard
  • hustlinhustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
    As played look for a value bet on the river. Villain essentially saying doesnt have a 9.
    Look to target something like 1010-JJ, weak 8x. J10x.

Also can X/C line if villain is bluffer like Cycle V said.