Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Paired Board with Overpair

PotLuckNeededPotLuckNeeded Posts: 59Subscriber, Professional
edited March 2019 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
1/3

Hero: $440
V1 UTG:$600
V2 CO: $740

UTG limps, MP1 calls, Hero MP2 with K :s: K raises to $17, CO calls, UTG calls and MP1 folds

Pot is $50

Flop comes T T :s: 6

UTG is an ok player at 1/3, we're at a few of the same private games. He doesn't get out of line often and is a winner at these sessions. CO is one of the better players in the pool. Upswing guy, we talk poker outside of the games. Both players view me as one of the most aggressive players at the table.

I put UTG on a pocket pair. Since the table has been limp happy the last few hours, I can see him limping a lot of pocket pairs, I don't think he has a lot of 10s in his range. I think he's raising AK, AQs-AJs and no Ks UTG. I have quite a few suited connectors in my range so I think I can get 2 streets of value.

UTG checks, Hero bets $30, CO folds, UTG calls.

Turn is the 7 Pot is $105 (after rake)

UTG checks, Hero bets ?

Tagged:

Comments

• StreetFighterStreetFighter Posts: 184Subscriber
    With the aggro image bet again here for 2/3 pot.
  • PotLuckNeededPotLuckNeeded Posts: 59Subscriber, Professional
    edited March 2019
    With the aggro image bet again here for 2/3 pot.

Hero bets $50 and V shoves. Hero folds (I understand that could be exploitable, I just don't think he's that creative). V has ?

Against a more aggressive player, I might bet smaller to induce. Ok or too ambitious?

• CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    Bart talks about paired boards a lot. There's a massive difference between TT6 and T66. People play Tx all night long, so on TT6 you might get a bet out of a PP but I'd check the turn almost always. You can even check the flop vs a lot of players who will do some betting for you. Some caution is required cuz trips are very possible. On the T66, they have even more Tx but less trips, so you are much more likely to be ahad, so just bet 2-3 streets for value.
  • PotLuckNeededPotLuckNeeded Posts: 59Subscriber, Professional
    CycleV wrote: »
    Bart talks about paired boards a lot. There's a massive difference between TT6 and T66. People play Tx all night long, so on TT6 you might get a bet out of a PP but I'd check the turn almost always. You can even check the flop vs a lot of players who will do some betting for you. Some caution is required cuz trips are very possible. On the T66, they have even more Tx but less trips, so you are much more likely to be ahad, so just bet 2-3 streets for value.

That's a good point on TT6 vs T66, thank you. Looking back, I was just trying to figure out what hands a very tight player UTG has that contains a T that's not being raised. I think a check back on the turn would have been a better play. At the time, I think I was trying to play to my image that I'm just barreling.