Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1/2 kk

StreetFighterStreetFighter Posts: 184Subscriber
edited February 2019 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Hero is UTG, mid 30s white guy, thinks he is playing a TAG style and is losing on the session 1/2NL

Pretty basic hand that we all hope to see. I always feel like the line i take is wrong in these spots.

CO mid 30s white guy in sweats, seems like a regular in the room, is aware of position relating to hand values, has preflop betsizing tells, can semi bluff, doesn't quite seem to know what betting does...Bet 3rd pair last to act on the river on KJx8x..but like 1/3 pot. So not really a bluff, not for value...idk, and all in all is really focusing on the game

SB is a sweet older woman who just needs to see the flop and sometimes the turn. Maybe an ace will come out.

Hero (~450) KK
raise to 15

I like that I went up past my usual 10 or 12 especially since the SB is a station. I think my image was too nitty to go 20 from UTG. Just because it's passive, sticky table doesn't mean people don't realize big bets mean big hands.

CO (300) calls
SB (900ish) calls

Flop j 2 7 :s: pot 60
SB Check
Hero Bets 25
V raises to 60
SB folds
Hero Calls

I bet on the smaller side, i know. Just smash pot to the end or bet small hoping someone makes 3rd pair and calls down?

SB is playing nearly ATC and CO is probably playing Axs, AT+,22-QQ, all SCs, Sooted gappers, larger sooted 2 gappers, KT+, 98o+

Turn 4 pot165

Hero Checks
V Bets 70

V has 150 behind after this bet and the pot is 305

Hero ???

Tagged:

Comments

• hustlinhustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
    Don’t mind a raise here on turn. Villain has so many Jx we want to get value here.
    Find a way to get money in on turn or by river!!
  • neverlearn2neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    I like a call on turn here and just a call on river as well.

Or dependng on river size maybe a small raise there.
    Idk he has to be aware enough that the preflop raiser has bet and called a raise we are "uncapped" here so to say to villain.

I would just be wary , I don't see too many go broke for over 200bbs with just TPTK as much now.
  • StreetFighterStreetFighter Posts: 184Subscriber
    I like a call on turn here and just a call on river as well.

Or dependng on river size maybe a small raise there.
    Idk he has to be aware enough that the preflop raiser has bet and called a raise we are "uncapped" here so to say to villain.

I would just be wary , I don't see too many go broke for over 200bbs with just TPTK as much now.

In position, I like this line. OOP, I generally worry that at this level (and this villain) doesn't really value bet thin enough and I'll check the river and they'll check behind.