Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1-2 What would you do?

NickEarnsNickEarns Posts: 27Subscriber
edited January 2019 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Hero: $800
Villain : $410 , Mid 20's Asian kid

Look down at K J :s: on the button

Cut-off straddles so action is on me hero first

Hero bets $10 - 7 Callers

(Pot 65) Flop: 10 J 7

Checks to hero, hero bets $30

SB and UTG + 2 Call

(155) Turn is a J

Checks to me I bet $100

Sb jams all in for $370

UTG Folds

What would you do?
Tagged:

Comments

• PiggyPiggy Posts: 172Subscriber
    edited January 2019
    7-ways to the flop I’m folding to the jam without specific reads that villain will overplay trips with medium kicker like QJ, J9.
  • neverlearn2neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    edited January 2019
    You are toast but I can't find a fold here
  • BTPokerBTPoker Posts: 37Subscriber
    Any history or reads on Villain? With no other info, this action shows trips are beat. Please offer more details if you have any.
  • XbobloveXboblove Posts: 120Member
    Call and hope he read the board pair as a blocker or on the draw.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 14Subscriber
    edited January 2019
    You said the cut off straddled in this 1/2 game. So was the straddle to $4? If so, how do you only raise to $10? No wonder 7 people saw a flop. An open raise in live 1/2 is usually $10-15. I usually open to $12 in 1/2 games. But if it's straddled, I raise a lot more. 4x the straddle + 1x for each caller before me. More or less.
  • SonnySonny Posts: 390Subscriber
    edited January 2019
    My question is what type of hand is the SB checking on the flop, and then just flatting the PFR c bet with a player behind him? This board is very wet and is super scary for all hands, even ones that have us crushed. Even if he flopped the joint, he still has to be worried about someone completeing a higher straight, or catching a flush.
    I feel like almost all of the hands that beat us on the flop are going to be betting or raising at some point on the flop, for protection. He can reasonably have all sets, all two pair, and the nut straight, but all those have things to worry about. Literally all made hands on this flop have to worry about the next card.
    If he was heads up, I think hed be more inclined to just flat against the PFR as it looks like you are repping an overpair or possibly top pair. However with another player behind, I think he would be more incentivized to check raise to squeeze out the guy in the middle. Who knows that that guy has.
    I think one of the only types of hands he might flat on this flop is top pair. I think he is flatting with AJ however, so that is a hand that beats us when we get to the turn that we have to worry about.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is a fist pump call on the turn, but I think some players at this level will show up with QJ, J9, or some other random jacks.
    Think about how the players at this level play also. A lot of them try to play trappy. If they did fill up they're going to feel almost unbeatable. I think a lot of players at this level just slow play their full houses on the turn, not shove for $270 more.
    So I don't think you're always beat here, but on the other hand, players at this level also dont shove for that much without a very strong hand relative to the board. Do we call? I don't think you have to, but I think you can if you want to.
  • MrOMrO Posts: 159Subscriber
    KJo first to act is a fold. But after that, you're getting 2.3:1 on a call.
  • ds2uaredds2uared Posts: 464Subscriber
    Fold pre. And if raise, make it $15-$20

As played, I might bet this flop a little larger. $45-$50. This is a draw heavy board and you're unlikely to be check-raised on a semi-bluff. Did the button call pre? Even if so, you'll likely have position on the turn.

Good turn bet. It sucks, but fold. Too many people saw this flop. It's not even that they have every straight, but also that we lose to AJ, JT, and J7.
  • NickEarnsNickEarns Posts: 27Subscriber
    edited January 2019
    I ended up tank calling, he flipped over A J river was a blank we lost
  • Shorn7Shorn7 Posts: 39Subscriber
    ds2uared wrote: »
    Fold pre. And if raise, make it $15-$20

As played, I might bet this flop a little larger. $45-$50. This is a draw heavy board and you're unlikely to be check-raised on a semi-bluff. Did the button call pre? Even if so, you'll likely have position on the turn.

Good turn bet. It sucks, but fold. Too many people saw this flop. It's not even that they have every straight, but also that we lose to AJ, JT, and J7.

+1 to all this. Just too many combos that we are behind to call off here (JT/AT/77/TT/98). Pot is laying Hero ~2.25-1 so we need around 30% equity to call. Just don’t think we have that.