Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2-5 PLO - Wrap and FD

Villain in SB ($1200) - Been playing loose and splashing around a lot. Drinking and talking so not sure how much he has paid attention to Hero ($2500) in his hour or so at the table. Seems to understand PLO reasonably well, but just wants to get in the action tonight. Table has had lots of action so he is in his element.

Preflop $10 Straddle is on. EP limps. Hero raises to $50 in CO with T9h86h. BTN, Villain in SB, BB, Straddle, and EP call. 6way action to the flop.

Flop ($300) Kh 7h 6s. Hero cbets $300. Only Villain calls.

Turn ($900) Kh 7h 6s Ah. Villain checks with about a PSB left. Hero thinks and checks. Any merit to betting here my small flush here?

He could've led or gotten AI on the flop with his stack size, so I think flopped sets are very unlikely. He can call the flop with all kinds or two pair and/or SD and/or FD hands, although I think the Ah and my heart blockers make it a little less likely.

River ($900) Kh 7h 6s Ah 4x. Villain leads for $450. Hero?
Tagged:

Comments

• CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    edited December 2018
    Preflop: if you're in a game where no one folds, I'm not sure there's much advantage in raising. If you have tighter people behind you who could fold a ragged sooted ace, then raise it up. But if not, I feel like we maybe could have seen this flop for $10. We didn't really promote our draws and now it's a big pot where some of our draws could be dominated.

Turn, I agree that the Ah makes his flush combos go way down. But if he has any bluffiness in him, if we bet half pot ott we're going to have to sigh-call it off if he ships. Or if he's dumb and can overplay some 2p with the ace like AKxx. So I would have bet and called a shove, but I'm a fish.

River at this point I can't see raising. Unless he has exactly 85xx almost every hand we beat would fold to a river raise, no?
  • High__RollaHigh__Rolla Posts: 798Subscriber
    CycleV wrote: »
    River at this point I can't see raising. Unless he has exactly 85xx almost every hand we beat would fold to a river raise, no?

Agree, so would you call or fold here?
  • CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    edited December 2018
    Oh I thought a call is definitely happening. As you described the guy, combined with the fact that you're almost never checking back a strong hand ott so he might go for a bluff, he's betting all kinds of everything and nothing on the river.

But I am in the middle of watching one of the curriculum videos and clearly I don't raise pre enough with mid rundowns like yours. So pre is a raise and I need to open up more.
    Thanked by 1LloydChristmas
  • TerpHimselfTerpHimself Posts: 328Subscriber
    I don’t think you can check the turn and fold any non-board pairing Rivers. I think it’s a mistake for V to check his Q or J high flushes to you bc you can check back sets or Two pair and realize equity going to the river. So he could be valuing a hand like 8hxh or 6hxh, or bluffing with KxQhxx, or sometimes he made a bad play OTT and you pay off.
  • High__RollaHigh__Rolla Posts: 798Subscriber
    I don’t think you can check the turn and fold any non-board pairing Rivers. I think it’s a mistake for V to check his Q or J high flushes to you bc you can check back sets or Two pair and realize equity going to the river. So he could be valuing a hand like 8hxh or 6hxh, or bluffing with KxQhxx, or sometimes he made a bad play OTT and you pay off.

His river bet seemed odd, but I felt like I had to call. The Ah on the board makes it less likely he called with the NFD on the flop. I have the 9h and 6h in my hand which decrease the combos with a flush draw with a SD and/or two pair. However, he could be betting a few smaller flushes that had some sort of straight draw with the 8h and/or 5h. Or, he could be making a random bluff.

Anyways, I call the river and am shown Jh9h54.