Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

To barrel or not to barrel at $1/$2

$250 eff. Hero MP1 raises Q J to $10.
Seemingly decent rec. player calls from SB (Realized later in the session he was not great).
Pot $18. Flop 7 6 2 . Check, hero bets $12, villain calls.
Pot $40. Turn K :s: . Check, hero bets $20, villain calls.
Pot $80. River 6. Check, hero tanks then...

In a $1/$2 game, do we ever go for triple barrel bluff on a good runout like this?
Tagged:

Comments

• JLBJJLBJ Posts: 172Subscriber
    Given that there was a flush draw on the flop, I would go ahead and fire here because there is an obvious hand that beats yours that might fold, the ace-high flush draw. You also can put a lot of pressure on TT-88 if they are trying to hang on.
  • XbobloveXboblove Posts: 120Member
    Sure, villain could be chasing the flush draw. I don't generally advise it but on some tables, it's fine.
  • Chester DrafmanChester Drafman Posts: 36Subscriber
    60 bucks would probably get the job done But I would probably pot it. 88-99 likely fold.
  • irwinbetirwinbet Posts: 408Subscriber
    I like a river bet here & I don't think you have to size it very big. All of the draws missed. It's going to be tough for him to call with less than a K.
  • ds2uaredds2uared Posts: 464Subscriber
    What do you all think of the turn sizing?
  • irwinbetirwinbet Posts: 408Subscriber
    ds2uared wrote: »
    What do you all think of the turn sizing?

I think your turn sizing is fine. A draw probably won't fold to a larger, reasonable bet but a hand like 88-JJ might give up now facing a bet on a K turn.
  • XbobloveXboblove Posts: 120Member
    Turn sizing is fine, most of these guys are sticky so downbet is fine, I like 25 better and tells a better story in better games.