Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Line Check

MrOMrO Posts: 159Subscriber
Playing 2-100 Spread Limit
1 crazy fish on the table I want to get in hands with.
Hero 65:d: UTG + 1 (too loose?)
UTG opens to 10
Hero calls
UTG + 2 calls (weak tight)
CO calls (fish)

Flop ($43) 579:r: 1:d:
Checks to fish who bets $10
(I had a betting tell on him, very simple bets small with air and bets larger with real hands)
UTG calls.
I raise to $50.

I'm turning my hand into a bluff? It's not a value x/r. What turns to do like? I'm OOP. Look at a range calculator later I has 40% equity vs a UTG raise and I gave the fish a 30% range but he was playing almost every hand.

Comments

• the_dude_abidesthe_dude_abides Posts: 331Subscriber
    I’d probably call flop especially since there is someone between you and the fish bettor to your left. I would expect your raise to be called by at least one of the three a good amount of the time.

As played, Turn will be tricky if you get called and depending on who it is that calls. I’m not necessarily blasting away on diamonds (semibluff) or over cards (pure bluff) on the turn if some calls 50 on the flop. Just not sure you’ll have the fold equity. Obviously betting straights and trips on turn.

• PrimoVictorPrimoVictor Posts: 59Subscriber
    Honestly this is just a fold preflop at UTG+1 with UTG raising ahead of you. As played I would probably raise to $60-70 to really force out overs besides a pair.
    Thanked by 1gregns
  • Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,115Administrator, LeadPro
    How deep are you guys. Also use spacing when trying to use the syntax suits. Not 1:d: 1
  • MrOMrO Posts: 159Subscriber
    Probably close to 250 effective. Fish. UTG had around 400 and I covered.
    But after awhile it's just a large limit game.
    I think the check raise is fine.. although I would just bet the flop myself a lot. YEs you are trying to get the fish off a better 5 or a 7.
    Yeah I have 1 friend that agrees with @The_dude_abides and another that agrees with you. Guess need to think what if he calls what turns do I bet and dont bet? Do I have to bet most turns since I'm OP?
    I would bet a lot of the disconnected, high blanks, yes.
    edited December 2018
    In retrospect it should have been a fold pre? My though process was UTG was on Broadway cards but with the rest of the table behind me it's not a good call. However like most low limit games not a lot of 3 betting unless QQ+. And like I said I wanted to at more hands with fish but was OP this hand so no guarantee he's calling, but he did at 90% of hands.