Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Line check. Is this spewy?

Hero at the table for 2 hours. Tight image. Kinda card dead and not running good. Down 300€. Stack 300€

Villain 1 is the spot at the table. Loose weak straight forward. Lost twice his 100€ stack and then bought in for 500€. Stack ~600€

Villain 2 late 20s male with cap. Kinda tight weak. Seems like a bad reg, never seen him before. Called raises pre but rarely raised himself. Bought in for 500€. Stack now ~400€.

Hero raises in HJ 10€ with 7 5 , V1 in co and V2 otb call, bb calls.

Flop (41€) T 4 3
BB checks, hero bets 25€, V1 and V2 call, BB folds.

Turn (116€) T 4 3 7
Hero checks, V1 checks, V2 thinks a little bit and bets 80€, hero check-shoves 265€.

Im sure they would raise a set otf and we block the nuts. Not worried at all about V1 in this hand.

V2 could have top pair or maybe even JJ but i thought that it would be really hard for a player like V2 to call here with top pair or even JJ given that i have a tight image and the stongest range. I have the overpairs and sets but he "cant".
Tagged:

Comments

• MrSpecialMrSpecial Posts: 330Subscriber
    Fold pre. I dont open 75s until CO.

I believe we can comfortably call the turn. Our hand is too strong to turn into a bluff. He can have flush draws and I am really not sure if he folds a T here. Call and evaluate river.

On top of that, your image isn't great. You are loosing and not running good. You will be called more. No need to take these marginal spots.
    Thanked by 2hustlin CycleV
  • hustlinhustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
    Pretty much what Mr special said.
    No need to x/r when u can just x/c.
    The shove is marginal because u may or may not have a lot of Fold Equity here.
  • JLBJJLBJ Posts: 172Subscriber
    Agree with the others. Guy is unlikely to fold after betting 80. You should call and ship the river if you improve.
  • SUYAPASUYAPA Posts: 87Subscriber
    MrSpecial wrote: »
    Fold pre. I dont open 75s until CO.

I believe we can comfortably call the turn. Our hand is too strong to turn into a bluff. He can have flush draws and I am really not sure if he folds a T here. Call and evaluate river.

On top of that, your image isn't great. You are loosing and not running good. You will be called more. No need to take these marginal spots.

I dont agree with calling turn because of implied odds. If we call and improve we have to lead river and it is unlikely that we will get action when a third heart comes or when we hit our straight. If we dont improve we are not winning this pot.

If he only has a flushdraw its great for us if he calls ott because we block his outs and are in the lead with our pair of 7.

I just thought that because of my tight image and because i didnt make a big move until this hand i have more FE against a player like he was and it would be hard for him to call with a ten.
  • MrSpecialMrSpecial Posts: 330Subscriber
    If we dont improve we are not winning this pot.
    This assumption is very one-sided and "strict": Look at his range in a range explorer through PIO or GTO+, poker cruncher, or whatever you are using. His range includes more hands than tp here for betting the turn.
    A tight image isn't enough to pull off bluffs. The situation needs to be good. Also, it is very contradictory: you are tight, yet want to convince them that this turn helped your range?
    Thanked by 1dpbuck
    edited November 2018
    MrSpecial wrote: »
    If we dont improve we are not winning this pot.
    This assumption is very one-sided and "strict": Look at his range in a range explorer through PIO or GTO+, poker cruncher, or whatever you are using. His range includes more hands than tp here for betting the turn.
    A tight image isn't enough to pull off bluffs. The situation needs to be good. Also, it is very contradictory: you are tight, yet want to convince them that this turn helped your range?

You are right but the way he played in the 2 hours and the way he played otf i was pretty sure he doesnt have a set and i also block 65.

Against a range of TT, 44, 33, 65s, JTo-ATo, JTs-ATs, A7s, A3s, A2s i have 40% ott

To your question: i just think that the turn doesnt help him a lot. The x/shove was to get a one pair hand to fold and to wkn the pot right now. And if we get called we still have lots of outs. I dont think he ever has 2pair here. Like i said before i expected him to raise a set otf.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,575Subscriber
    I don't mind the XRAI. We can have as many as 17 outs here ourselves. We block 65. I think our V2 doesnt have a strong hand because it went bet, call, he calls. His only strong hand is exactly 65 and or he picked up some 2 pair with T7 OTT. 65s is in our range. If V1 has the same FD by removing him from the hand we drastically increase our equity.

He could be betting an overpair like JJ or QQ that he just called preflop.

Now I would not do this play vs a thinking player because your hand looks like 65 or exactly what it is. Due to the pot size a good player might work out he has to call because at best you have 4 combos of 65s vs a ton of big draws or pair + draws.

I think my determining factor would be how they reacted on the flop and turn. Their behavior to indicate where their range falls.

Next thing is can V2 fold an overpair?
  • JLBJJLBJ Posts: 172Subscriber
    It’s obviously a good theoretical spot to bluff, but the key thing for me is this: When a bad reg bets 80 on the turn at 1-3, he is pretty much going with the hand.

I don’t like trying to make people fold good top pairs and overpairs.
    Fuzzypup wrote: »
    I don't mind the XRAI. We can have as many as 17 outs here ourselves. We block 65. I think our V2 doesnt have a strong hand because it went bet, call, he calls. His only strong hand is exactly 65 and or he picked up some 2 pair with T7 OTT. 65s is in our range. If V1 has the same FD by removing him from the hand we drastically increase our equity.

He could be betting an overpair like JJ or QQ that he just called preflop.

Now I would not do this play vs a thinking player because your hand looks like 65 or exactly what it is. Due to the pot size a good player might work out he has to call because at best you have 4 combos of 65s vs a ton of big draws or pair + draws.

I think my determining factor would be how they reacted on the flop and turn. Their behavior to indicate where their range falls.

Next thing is can V2 fold an overpair?

Otf V1 and V2 called pretty quickly without thinking about it. Thats also why i didnt think they have set. Looked like draws or TP hands. V1 could have called with 55-99 or A2, A5.
    Against a better player i would barrel turn.
    V2 wasnt the kind of player that would think the hand through and make a good call. I just thought that when i x/shove he would think that im strong and fold his one pair hands. I also think that he was kinda money scared and not comfortable risking his stack calling off with one pair when he doesnt have a nutted hand.
    JLBJ wrote: »
    When a bad reg bets 80 on the turn at 1-3, he is pretty much going with the hand.

Thats not true in my experience. There are lots of people that are not comfortable playing big pots without nutted hands and still fold when you show strength.