Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Bottom Set in Family Pot

3/5 spread limit. 1K max buy in. $500 max bet

I'm new to table. Played 1 orbit. Appears to be extremely sticky Saturday night table. I know the button tends to play draws aggressively, the winning reg is generally straight forward, rest of table are passive stations.

I have 1K in my stack, rest of table is between $400-1500

I have no shame in admitting, I think I really jacked up this hand royally

8 handed
UTG limp
Hero UTG +1 6 6 :s: raise to 25 ( I typically raise $20 and add 5 per limp)
I get called in 7 spots

$175 - 6 9 Q

With 7 other players in this hand, any two pair, set of 99, open ended straight draws, Any Q (yes Any Queen at this table) most 9x are calling with pair plus gut shot. When I say calling, I would guess up to 60% pot - but I wasn't sure about this at the time, but within another 30 minutes I can say probably up to 100% of the pot.

Bet?, Sizing? Plan for turn and River?
Tagged:

Comments

• JLBJJLBJ Posts: 172Subscriber
    The only way you could have “jacked up this hand royally” would be if you checked here or severely underbet the pot to give infinite odds to all the gutshots. If the game is this loose, you’ve got a ton of Qs and straight draws that can call or, if you’re lucky, raise you.

I’d bet 110 or 125 and expect action in at least one spot. If this story ends with you running into 99, that’s nothing to be concerned about.
  • cbtobe@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 54Subscriber
    I bet 85 on flop (I way undersized it). CO calls,UTG calls
    Turn 5d.
    $345 Turn card 5 So 69Q5 rb. 78 gets there, still behind 99 (I would expect 99 to raise flop or Check/raise or likely lead turn if UTG)
    UTG checks. UTG and CO both cover me
    I discount 99 now, too, after they both just call. One hand beats you. Bet again and vomit if you get raised, but you’re going to the felt with this. No way around it.
    Uggh; UTG check, I check turn hoping for board to pair and call a reasonable sized bet from button if getting approx 2.5 or 3:1 with implied odds considered

Maybe I'm playing too emotional/scared, on a recent downswing and lacking confidence
    It gets checked around

River J for a final board of 69Q5J

$345: UTG bets $250. Easy fold? I have to account for spazzy bad players, monkey bets, nonsensical bluffs in this game
    Easy call, I think. Can’t fold when your hand is very strong, you underrepped it on the turn, and he could easily be betting a hand you beat like two pair.

He could have a straight, sure, but it’s still a call. Now you really don’t want the CO to raise, haha.
    Thanked by 2CycleV neverlearn2
  • CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    You have to call here. He's going to turn over 2p and be pissed when he sees you have a set, cuz he's thinking he's good here 99% of the time.
    Thanked by 1[email protected]
    Ok, I guess the biggest mistake was underbetting the flop. I made the call and he had 8To for the straight. I kind of beat myself over this hand. Not the results, but the way I played the flop and turn so weakly. Sure, he probably would have continued to call the turn bet and it would have cost me more, but I think I lost a ton of value from straight draws.

What do you think about the turn check?
  • SonnySonny Posts: 390Subscriber
    edited June 2018
    The turn check is pretty bad. Yeah, something got there, but so many worse hands can call us also... When we flop a set on this board with this many players we need to start shoveling in as much money as possible on early streets so that our river shove isn't gigantic and hands like Q9 or even AQ can't find a hero fold at the end.

-I wrote a bunch of other stuff without realizing it was 3 ways so I deleted it.-

But who knows? Maybe he was just going with his gutshot and you accidentally saved a lot of money. If we bet the turn we probably take it down though and win $300 without much of a sweat.
  • DrSpaceDrSpace Posts: 716Subscriber
    Bet bigger flop — near pot
    Proceed and bet turn

Turn ✔️ is very bad

Flop sizing is also an error

As played sigh call river

• neverlearn2neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    grunch

preflop could go both way. Im in the raising camp but could see flatting here as well. Im leading flop here. This board smacks their preflop call range pretty hard IMO. bUt there range probably not enough to raise or bet for us with this many people so we need to build the pot our self so to say.

Im leading flop 75-100. Ill lead every street too.
  • neverlearn2neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    edited June 2018
    Saw flop. 2 callers with 85 bet so like 300+ pot.

we lose to 87 which fits perfectly. I want to lead, was thinking of checking but he stil has same hands and draws here, we only lose equity to 87.