Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1/2 good bluff or spew

SUYAPASUYAPA Posts: 87Subscriber
edited June 2018 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
All regs and only one recreational player. So pretty bad table.
Villain 350€ (recreational player). Likes to see a lot of flops with trash hands but can also fold when facing aggression. He is sitting on the table for 2 hours and lost two 300€ buy-ins.

CO had around 700€ and folded a lot to 3bets. He got 3bet like 7 times, only called once and insta gave up otf after a cbet.

Hero tight image. Won all hands without SD. Only 3b twice while sitting at the table. Stack around 600€

Hj limps, co raises to 12€, villain calls in sb, hero in bb 3b with 7 6 to 53€, hj and co fold, villain looks like he wants to fold but calls.

Flop (121€) A 8 3
Villain check, hero 70€, V calls

Turn (263€) A 8 3 Q :s:
Villain check, hero shoves

Should i give up ott?
Tagged:

Comments

• JLBJJLBJ Posts: 172Subscriber
    Yes, you should give up. If we get called, we have no equity at all, and turn didn’t change anything and could have strengthened his hand.

I also don’t like the light 3b from the BB in a 1-2 game, but at least everyone was somewhat deep.
  • SUYAPASUYAPA Posts: 87Subscriber
    edited June 2018
    Sorry it was first an1/2 that was changed after everyone agreed to an uncapped 1/3. So this hand is at 1/3. But i think it doesnt change much
    edited June 2018
    I thought it might be a good spot to resteal given that co folded a lot to 3bets and to mix in some 3bet bluffs with SC. I was happy to take it down pre.

Given that villain wanted to fold pre it was obvious that he has a trash hand again. I sized up otf to have the opportunity to shove turn for a ~psb.
    At first i wanted to give up ott but i thought i can get him off a fd or weak ace by shoving.
  • JLBJJLBJ Posts: 172Subscriber
    I wouldn’t want to keep playing for stacks with no equity all on the hope that a bad player will fold after flopping an ace or a flush draw (and you still lose to naked flush draws with 7-high).

The players are bad. There will be many spots to get their money when they have little to no equity. Light 3-betting and huge multi-street bluffs should be used very, very rarely at these stakes.
    Thanked by 1CycleV
  • stayinschoolstayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Don't like the no equity bluff here. Gotta pick a better hand
  • CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    The squeeze I can get behind, the cbet is obvious, at this point it didn't work out so time to move on.
    Ya should give up ott. There are better spots to get his money.
    The guy called me with Q 5
  • Fletch23Fletch23 Posts: 115Subscriber
    I think a squeeze is much better if you’re going to have position on both players. And if you’re going to do it OOP, you should probably raise more.

As played, it’s worth a shot on the flop, then give up.