Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 3-bet pot, light peel. Too light?

ILYAILYA Posts: 129Subscriber
New game just starting. We're about 6 handed, full 1k stacks.
Pro opens UTG 20, whale calls button, I make it 110 from BB with AcKc. They both call.
Flop 9c4s2d. I c-bet 130, pro floats with 6c7c, whale folds.
That seems way too loose of a peel. Am I off on this? Is there any merit in that call? He knows that I'm very likely to keep barreling following a flop like this.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jesse_The_SuitJesse_The_Suit Posts: 493Subscriber, Professional
    A couple of points. I would probably go a hair bigger pre, probably like 120, or 125. Not a big deal, but I like to deny the pros a good price to play in position. Honestly, his preflop call is horrible. Like 67s is like near (at, below, whatever) a UTG opening range 6 handed. If he is calling with this, what is he folding that he opens? Having made this call, I don’t know. I mean, on the one hand he basically just has done back door draws, but then again if he is calling with such a wide range he might have to defend with backdoors. I mean, it’s hard to conduct any real analysis of the post flop play given that the preflop call seems absurd. The main adjustment is make based on this hand is up 3! Him wide for value, because he is going to call to light. Also, if he is gonna call, call, this wide you are going to have to bluff catch him a fair amount (assuming he realizes that he has to showdown and needs to bluff).
  • Oback2Oback2 Posts: 208Subscriber
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, I think overall he played the hand pretty bad. With a whale behind - there’s really no guarentee that he’ll be able to run a bluff after floating you on the flop either, and you’ll likely continue barrelling. He’s gonna have way too many floats in his range

I like your sizing pre, he should be folding pre. which pro was this Ilya