Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

can someone define "visibility" in PLO?

CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
Heard this term in a couple of podcasts. I think I'm only getting it about 75%. Is it realizing your equity, or is it knowing where you stand once the board changes?
Tagged:

Comments

• iamalliniamallin Posts: 1,173Subscriber, Professional
    I think the latter. But without knowing where you stand, you will make incorrect folds or calls which affect your ability to realize your true equity imo

Thanked by 1CycleV
  • chilidogchilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    Visibility is having a good understanding of your equity and whether you should be driving the hand, playing defensively, or folding.

In a multiway plo spot when someone makes an 8 high flush, they many times will continue to play passively since they aren't confident that they have the best hand ---- poor visibility.
    Thanked by 1CycleV
  • TerpHimselfTerpHimself Posts: 328Subscriber
    Chili breaks it down pretty well. Visibility also matters when you're hand reading. On certain board textures, you could be up against a number of types of hands/draws. Is your hand better than most of those draws, or likely to be worse? If you make your hand (straight, flush, full house), are you willing to value bet big? If not, why not? Is it also clear whether you should fold when facing pressure?

Visibility can be clear: "I have top set and if the board pairs I know I have the best hand" or "I have a straight, but if the flush hits the river, my opponent has been check calling, and if he leads I'm very likely beat."

Or it can be poor: "I have a gutter and Jack-high flush draw, but if I hit either, I'm not sure if I should bet to try and force out sets and two pairs. Also not sure what to do if I get raised. I might be getting bluffed, he might be overplaying a worse hand, or I might be drawing dead."

Hope that helps make sense of the term.
    Thanked by 1CycleV
  • CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    Thank you all very much!