Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

What should I do in this 3 bet pot with AKs

Game 1/3 $500 max bet

Villain just sat down. It was his first hand.

V's stack $300
Hero's stack $600

V from EP raises to $15

Button calls.

Hero in SB with A K raises to $45.

V calls, button folds, heads up to the flop

5 :s: 7 :s: 8 :s: ($108)

Hero bets $65, V calls

Turn 9 :s:

What should I do next?
Tagged:

Comments

• Jesse_The_SuitJesse_The_Suit Posts: 493Subscriber, Professional
    Hey, so a couple of things. I love the 3! Pre, but I’d like to go larger, at least 60 (4x the open is my standard when out of position, obviously can go larger here because of caller in between). Second, I’d bet way smaller on this flop, like half pot max.

Obviously we are now check folding on turn. We have near zero equity against his calling range on flop after the spade comes off, as lots of his range has at least one spade. I guess if you wanted to try to bluff him off a red overpair you could try, but I am not trying to barrel people off real hands at 1/3.
    Thanked by 1CycleV
  • neverlearn2neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    im folding this hand and im checking flop too. we got 2 hearts and 0 FE to hands we beat.

If you think you can make a move here i feel this is a thin ass spot to try to win a hand with AKhh
    Thanked by 1CycleV
  • kansaisuprakansaisupra Posts: 25Subscriber
    I'm try a different perspective, but when someone just sits, down, plays their first hand for an open and does not buy in for the max, I'd guess he is not a pro and is probably playing poker for fun. Meaning he's probably just gambling it up, probably doesn't really care. Obviously he doesn't care about information on other players as I am guessing he has none, and he's opening UTG without waiting to come in behind the btn knowing full well he has to play the blinds next hand.

Anyway, so with this in mind, I would not cbet this board and just check fold because this player is not likely to fold anything.
  • Oback2Oback2 Posts: 208Subscriber
    edited April 2018
    Check flop. As I said in my previous post - I think you’re just monkey betting a lot. I could see check, calling one street, but a lot of the time I’d give up given given this texture.

AP Check/Fold turn, I’m really not trying to run a bluff here OOP on an unknown with AKhh. This is 1/3 most of your money is going to be made from straight value