Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Tournaments Video No. 50: Jonathan Little Reviews His WPT Borgata Deep Run Part 1

Jonathan Little reviews key hands from Day 1 of his 2018 Borgata Winter Poker Open.

Episode posts at 11 AM PST.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/jonathan-little-reviews-his-wpt-borgata-deep-run-part-1
Tagged:

Comments

• TremoloTremolo Posts: 2Subscriber
    Why do you include your own 2800 in the math for the AJ hand, should it not be 2800 to win 4.3 with you need to win around 40% of the time!?
  • JonathanLittleJonathanLittle Posts: 19Pro
    I am not sure exactly what spot you are refering to, but pot odds are always bet/totalpot, with the total pot being all the money in the pot after the bet plus call.
  • TremoloTremolo Posts: 2Subscriber
    I don't think I have ever seen anyone else include your own call. For example 600 in pot, player bets 300, therefore pot 900, 300 for us to call so 3-1. In your examples you are including your own call so pot is 1200...
  • JonathanLittleJonathanLittle Posts: 19Pro
    Tremolo wrote: »
    I don't think I have ever seen anyone else include your own call. For example 600 in pot, player bets 300, therefore pot 900, 300 for us to call so 3-1. In your examples you are including your own call so pot is 1200...

Fortunately with pot odds, you can get out a deck of cards and some chips and run situations a bunch to see what happens. To determine the percentage of time you need to call, it is bet/(starting pot + opponent's bet + your call). So, if they bet pot, you have to win pot/(pot + pot + pot) which is 33% of the time, or 2:1. You are probably getting hung up on 2:1 is 33%.