Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1-3, super exploit.

Jesse_The_SuitJesse_The_Suit Posts: 493Subscriber, Professional
This is a hand I observed, not played. Guy, who seems to be not a droller, opens to 19 UTG. This is around 2x his standard open. Button 3-bets to 50, folds back to UTG who insta jams for like 500. Button dude covers. If you are the button, what's your call off range? Do you ever fold Kings here?
Tagged:

Comments

• MXRiderMXRider Posts: 53Subscriber
    The big question is what is UTG's perception of Button? I don't think I can fold KK here for 160bb. Probably only calling with KK and AA.
  • neverlearn2neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    no
  • brickbrick Posts: 129Subscriber
    Seems like KK would be a call unless you have some crazy reason that changes things.
    ... Like if he told you something about how he likes to play, or flashed AA in a similar spot.
  • pokertimepokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    Even the time I was 99% sure the guy had to have AA I still called off with KK. So hard to fold if there is any chance they have QQ or AK. Having said that this may be the spot if you have enough history with V. Which you probably don’t so call. :???:
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,581Subscriber
    pokertime wrote: »
    Even the time I was 99% sure the guy had to have AA I still called off with KK. So hard to fold if there is any chance they have QQ or AK. Having said that this may be the spot if you have enough history with V. Which you probably don’t so call. :???:

If you are 99% sure then folding KK is the right play dude.

I hear so many times never fold KK. That is simply a fallacy in lower stakes. Totally depends on the player.

If this was 2/5 and the raise and 4 better is an old man who hasn't played a hand in 2 hours he just simply is never shoving without AA and presumes you have KK.

If this is the middle aged latin player who has been raising a lot and just calling 3bs and XFing often the flop or folding preflop.... this is AA often but not as often as the 1st example. But it still might be a fold. Just because someone raises a lot preflop doesn't mean their 4b range is wide.

If this is the rich indian business man who is in a foul mood, plays a lot of hands, has been seen shoving AK, QQ then it's an easy decision.

If you are dealing with a folder post flop who seems to be playing money scared you might lean on folding KK.

I will say that in 2/5 I would fold KK more often than in 1/2. The physical money is less @ 1/2 and players are clueless.

So just like the song by Romeo Void - Never Say Never.
  • pokertimepokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    Fuzzypup wrote: »
    pokertime wrote: »

If you are 99% sure then folding KK is the right play dude.

I hear so many times never fold KK. That is simply a fallacy in lower stakes. Totally depends on the player.

If this was 2/5 and the raise and 4 better is an old man who hasn't played a hand in 2 hours he just simply is never shoving without AA and presumes you have KK.

If this is the middle aged latin player who has been raising a lot and just calling 3bs and XFing often the flop or folding preflop.... this is AA often but not as often as the 1st example. But it still might be a fold. Just because someone raises a lot preflop doesn't mean their 4b range is wide.

If this is the rich indian business man who is in a foul mood, plays a lot of hands, has been seen shoving AK, QQ then it's an easy decision.

If you are dealing with a folder post flop who seems to be playing money scared you might lean on folding KK.

I will say that in 2/5 I would fold KK more often than in 1/2. The physical money is less @ 1/2 and players are clueless.

So just like the song by Romeo Void - Never Say Never.

Dude, it was the very first hand at a brand new start up 1/2 table vs total unknown.
  • Jesse_The_SuitJesse_The_Suit Posts: 493Subscriber, Professional
    The problem, of course, for those of us who play part time in large player polls (there are generally 20 1/3 games going in my room) is I am likely to die of natural causes before I learn much about my Villains 4-betting ranges...,

Relatively deep (100 bbs deep) people just seem to have KK/AA 4-bet range. The problem is a lot of these same people have a non-negligible spazz out of control factor. I tend to think when I call a 4/5-bet all in I am more likely to see some insane hand like Q9 off instead of a more reasonable in between hand, like AKs or queens.