Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Playing AA 470BB Deep facing massive action

Hero image: Solid TAG 1-3 grinder

Villian: very aggresive, Very good player, plays bigger up to 5-10 and only sits at 1-3 while waiting for bigger games. I’ve seen him draw for oesd on a flush draw board and bluff when flush draw hits.

ES: 1410 or 470BBs

Villian opens in EP to 20, very big for a standard 1-3 game, but not that big of a deal at this table considering there are multiple 1K stacks.

Hero picks up Black AA on the CO and makes it 80. my standard is 3x IP and 4X OOP however, I will make it 4x IP if stacks are super deep, as it is in this case.

Flop Ah8c5c

V checks, hero bets 80, V check raises to 200!
Hero flats.

Turn Qc brings front door flush. Villian bets 350. Hero calls.

River 4s. Brings front door OE straight draw. Villian bets 550, leaving hero with 240 behind if hero calls.

Hero??? Thoughts on all streets appreciated as I think this hand could have been played differently on other streets.

Thanked by 1Garland
Tagged:

Comments

• beatsmebeatsme Posts: 603Subscriber
    Do we have the Ac in our hand?

I would likely be bet 3 betting this flop. We have the nuts facing a check raise. If hes bluffing he will prob shut it down after you call a check raise anyway.

As played alot depends on if we have Ac in our hand.

This line from villain really seems like he will end up with a flush here quite a bit. It just doesnt seem like we are folding.... i mean we 3 bet pre.... called a xr otf.... called a big bet ott... it looks like we are going to call down.
  • beatsmebeatsme Posts: 603Subscriber
    Also just because he opened to 20 from ep doesnt mean he cant gave alot of suited connectors.... i mean you said there are a couple of $1000 stacks in the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him showown 9cTc
    Thanked by 1FriendlyFish
  • HufftasticHufftastic Posts: 19Subscriber
    This looks a lot like 88 to me. I don't see too many solid players putting in such a large sizing preflop with a hand like 76s, but a hand like 88 would potentially make that kind of raise. Also if the villain is used to playing larger he might be more willing to put in the big bets without totally nutted hands. Certainly he could have a flush, but there are some hands he could easily have the you beat.

On the river I'm maybe giving him one combo of 76s one combo of 55, 3 combos of 88, KQ of clubs, QJ of clubs, JT of clubs, one combo of AQ (AQ with the Q of clubs), and one combo that he just went apeshit with something else. That would be 4 combos that beat you and 6 that you beat. Putting in $550 to win $1,700 it doesn't seem like you could possibly fold here.

Could he have KJ of T9 of clubs or more combos of 76? Sure. But I think given that you went from 20 to 80 prefop I think some of those get folded out. If you give him credit for all 4 combos of 76 then I think you have to say he could have 3 combos of 55 or maybe even A5 suited.

Raising the river feels a little ambitious, but I'm not folding here. I think once the front door clubs come in you just have to go into cal down mode.
    Thanked by 1FriendlyFish
  • FriendlyFishFriendlyFish Posts: 123Member
    beatsme wrote: »
    Also just because he opened to 20 from ep doesnt mean he cant gave alot of suited connectors.... i mean you said there are a couple of $1000 stacks in the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him showown 9cTc

Yes he can definately have 9c10c or even 6c7c even with his sizing. And yes we have the A club. In my post i did mention black aces.

Hufftastic wrote: »
    This looks a lot like 88 to me. I don't see too many solid players putting in such a large sizing preflop with a hand like 76s, but a hand like 88 would potentially make that kind of raise. Also if the villain is used to playing larger he might be more willing to put in the big bets without totally nutted hands. Certainly he could have a flush, but there are some hands he could easily have the you beat.

On the river I'm maybe giving him one combo of 76s one combo of 55, 3 combos of 88, KQ of clubs, QJ of clubs, JT of clubs, one combo of AQ (AQ with the Q of clubs), and one combo that he just went apeshit with something else. That would be 4 combos that beat you and 6 that you beat. Putting in $550 to win $1,700 it doesn't seem like you could possibly fold here.

Could he have KJ of T9 of clubs or more combos of 76? Sure. But I think given that you went from 20 to 80 prefop I think some of those get folded out. If you give him credit for all 4 combos of 76 then I think you have to say he could have 3 combos of 55 or maybe even A5 suited.

Raising the river feels a little ambitious, but I'm not folding here. I think once the front door clubs come in you just have to go into cal down mode.

The Q of club is on the board. Thanks for lengthy reply, do u think we could have played other streets differently?
  • fozbofozbo Posts: 144Subscriber
    I also like a 3b on flop, the problem is because this is 1/3 your almost turning your hand face up, however by 3b the flop to 550ish, you set up an easy turn shove, charging all draws the max, while his main made hands 88, maybe A8s or 55, are probably not folding anyways, especially if the guy plays 5-10. AP, I probably have to call river here, you block all nfd, 67s gets there and his flush combos obv get there, but your getting way to good a price. Why can't the board just pair and make our life easy?
    Thanked by 1FriendlyFish
  • FriendlyFishFriendlyFish Posts: 123Member
    fozbo wrote: »
    I also like a 3b on flop, the problem is because this is 1/3 your almost turning your hand face up, however by 3b the flop to 550ish, you set up an easy turn shove, charging all draws the max, while his main made hands 88, maybe A8s or 55, are probably not folding anyways, especially if the guy plays 5-10. AP, I probably have to call river here, you block all nfd, 67s gets there and his flush combos obv get there, but your getting way to good a price. Why can't the board just pair and make our life easy?

When the turn brought the flush I was certainly regretting not 3betting flop. My decision to flat the flop was because I didn’t want villian to fold hands such as AQ AJ suited or maybe some AK that he didn’t want to 4bet oop super deep. It would be very hard for those hands to continue on the flop facing a 3bet, and all those hands are drawing dead vs our hand so we really want them in. Another reason is because I hold the A of clubs, which makes turned flushes a lil easier to play since i will have 17 outs on the turn even against made flushes. I would almost always 3bet if I didn’t have the A of clubs here but i totally agree that 3betting flop is a fine play.

And yea, whenever i play these massive Deep Stack pots it’s never easy, board coulda paired or any diamond and we arrive at the river with the nuts would totally made this hand and life easy, but i probably wont post this hand if i rivered the nuts :). I’ll post results later, looking to see more input in this hand from pros of this site as it is the biggest pot I’ve ever played at 1-3 NL

• TanyaTheEvilTanyaTheEvil Posts: 54Subscriber
    Is it an unwritten rule on CLP to not post the reveal of what Villain had if hero got to showdown? Gonna make a post tomorrow about this.
  • nickdevo1@yahoo.com[email protected] Posts: 163Subscriber
    Did you consider raising the turn all-in? You have the nut-flush blocker and plenty of equity to see a river. I think you can get called by worse (the other 3 sets) and get better to fold, like weak made flushes.
  • pokertimepokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    Is it an unwritten rule on CLP to not post the reveal of what Villain had if hero got to showdown? Gonna make a post tomorrow about this.

Use the spoiler tool so it’s hidden at least. Some preffer not to post it at all until there have been a few responses just to be sure no one is cheating and looking at the spoiler then responding.
  • pokertimepokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    As far as the hand.... when we trap we only trap ourselves. Someone CR flop likely isn’t folding so raise him big OTF.