Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Shit trips, back raise all in - a question of spazz factor.

Jesse_The_SuitJesse_The_Suit Posts: 493Subscriber, Professional
1-3 350ush effective (stepped back down to avoid the euros). I post in like MP1, and I check my option with 73 offsuit. It limps around and We go four ways to the flop, one person in early position, and cut-off and button behind me. Flop comes out 77T with a two suit.

I lead out (for obvious reasons) for 10. Cut off flats and button min-raises to 20. EP folds. I three-bet to 50, figuring that tens (and probably some flush draws will call).

Here is where the weird shit happens. Cutoff back raises all in for like 350. Button folds and its on me.

Button is something of an omc, but I don't know too much about him.

What's your play?
Thanked by 1neverlearn2
Tagged:

Comments

• SonnySonny Posts: 390Subscriber
    edited November 2017
    With this action in a limped pot, I think we're very rarely good here. Even if the button is an OMC, I don't see these guys folding trips very often, so I don't think he folded a 7....
    At this level not too many players raise with draws, espically on paired boards. When we wind up getting shoved on after we 3 bet, I really dislike our trips with a really bad kicker. What can we beat when someone wakes us and rips in their stack? He has a ton of 7's in his range and every 7 beats us (A7, K7, 107, 97, 87, 67, 57. I don't think anything we can beat plays the hand this way. I think draws like 89, or flush draws just call if they don't just fold. A10 is not ripping it in here after you 3 bet. Overpairs, are not really in the villains range given the pre flop action. Of course we also beat air, but at this level I can't see anyone bombing this board without at least a better 7. Actually I think 7,10 is his most likely holding since he flatted. The 4 bet size is slightly suspect given its size, but the villain is probably scarred of the draws, if he just has a 7.
    I think you can fold confidently knowing that you are beat. And even if in this exact spot you somehow got bluffed out, I think thats the one time in a thousand that happens.

TL;DR... What do we beat here other than a bluff?
    Thanked by 1CycleV
  • JustfourfunJustfourfun Posts: 202Subscriber
    edited November 2017
    I think you must fold here, this hand and every hand like it. I think I understand your post but I’m not exactly sure. Would you not say to Sonny’s comment above: “But Sonny, look at the crazy ass flop action. CO flats my initial bet of $10 and then when faced with a $50 three bet he fires off a $350 bet that cannot be explained by any holding that CO may have. CO is a weak player - possibly so excited to have the nut flush draw that he just shoves his stack without realizing what a large bet he has made”.
    Forget about it! Just fold. I was describing recently a 5/10 game to my girlfriend, who does not play, and I was talking about how ludicrous a Spot was playing as he pumped $5,000 into the game. She then started asking me how I then adjusted my play to account for Spot. I told her that I tried to forget how bad Spot played. Just keep playing my solid game and assume Spot was a decent player and then hope to be the beneficiary of a bad play by Spot in the natural flow of the game.
  • z7z7 Posts: 225Subscriber
    Yeah I think this is a spot where you can avoid getting "coolered". Even though your hand really isn't that good here given action. If V has T7 or J7-A7 he just wants to get money in the pot before a scare card comes that may lose action from a 7. It's a fairly easy fold. It woulda been a lot worse if CO just called and you keep betting into him on blank cards. Which is why I personally would be very wary of the call then min raise. I don't think I would've 3-bet here because then you're looking at a classic way ahead way behind scenario. Fold as played for sure. If he spazzed out and bluffed good for him. Just think that never happens when there's 3 players in the pot
  • JKHJKH Posts: 837Subscriber
    edited November 2017
    This is an easy standard fold in my opinion. Until the player gives proof he could be losing his shit with 89 with the flush draw or a ten, or limped overpair, or a gut shot flush draw just fold. This smells like Ace seven suited allot.
    This is one of the strongest plays in Poker so unless u really know he is capable of a spazzing with a draw I would just fold.
  • FriendlyFishFriendlyFish Posts: 123Member
    Easy snap fold
  • neverlearn2neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    Call. 3 on turn easy game.
  • Jesse_The_SuitJesse_The_Suit Posts: 493Subscriber, Professional
    I agree with all comments. This is me showing my lack of experience in live poker. It's hard to account for the spazziness, but on this board there just isn't much he can spazzing with.

I called, and sucked out on his A7 (offsuit by the way). It was a very bad call though. Live and learn.
  • sivaddivadsivaddivad Posts: 341Subscriber
    I agree with all comments. This is me showing my lack of experience in live poker. It's hard to account for the spazziness, but on this board there just isn't much he can spazzing with.

I called, and sucked out on his A7 (offsuit by the way). It was a very bad call though. Live and learn.

So you won the pot and learned a lesson.. running good!