Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 Bluff Line Check/Villain Hand

About $1200 effective. CO limps. BTN, a presumable pro who raises his button 100% of the time, raises to $20. I see J T in SB and 3bet to $70. He calls.

About his image. He is very wide on the button. Astute in paying attention to what's going on. Possibly a former online grinder. In general, he's a good player.

About my image. I'm wider with my SB range in 3betting than anywhere else on the table. He may or may not know that. I'm generally viewed as fairly tight. I don't show down many bluffs but usually have some very nutted hands when I triple.

Flop ($150): Q J 8
I bet $95. He calls at a decent pace.

Turn ($340): A
This is a great card for my range. It's an ok card for my actual hand. I bet $210. He thinks for a little bit and calls.

River ($760): Q
I bet $375. He jams for $300 more.

How is my line? And what hand is he actually jamming here and taking this line with, considering my range is very nutted compared to his?
Tagged:

Comments

• sanoxsanox Posts: 82Subscriber
    I would check/call flop. It will help protect your checking range and also control the size of the pot on a board that is going to hit his 3bet calling range.

I am not sure I agree with you when you say you are more nutted than him. The only hand you have here that he cannot have is AA. But he could have AQ and JJ and he has 88 in his range which you don't have.
  • MonadPrimeMonadPrime Posts: 803Member
    88/JJ/AQ all make sense for villain. If you're gonna bluff you might as well have shoved river. As played b/f river is fine.
  • AlduneAldune Posts: 55Subscriber, Professional
    Not $1200 effective, more like $1k then.
    3b slightly bigger preflop.
    sanox wrote: »
    I would check/call flop. It will help protect your checking range and also control the size of the pot on a board that is going to hit his 3bet calling range.
    I am not sure I agree with you when you say you are more nutted than him. The only hand you have here that he cannot have is AA. But he could have AQ and JJ and he has 88 in his range which you don't have.

This hand only very rarely belongs to a flop c/c range, this is mostly a 3barrel hand. Losing the initiative means we never get 3 streets of value when we hit, thus losing the value of our hand.
    Agree Villain is def stronger than us on this river, he also has KTs/QKs in his range (100% imo given small 3b), I would have given up on a Q or A river.

I have no idea what better hand you're trying to get him to fold. Checking rarely results in us getting bluffed, we could easily be taking this line with a value hand OTR if we crushed the board.
  • deadinaditchdeadinaditch Posts: 245Subscriber
    edited October 2017
    MonadPrime wrote: »
    88/JJ/AQ all make sense for villain. If you're gonna bluff you might as well have shoved river. As played b/f river is fine.
    sanox wrote: »
    All of these hands are possible but I would have to think they all would have spoken up by at least the turn, but villain just called both streets on a soaking wet board. Looks like a Queen to me. I'm thinking KQ or QT. I don't mind the barrel but I don't think this was a good card to bluff river.