Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

AK suited facing a All In 3 bet pre - Line Check?

SonnySonny Posts: 390Subscriber
edited October 2017 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
1/3 300max Bellagio

V1 - Seems to be playing pretty straight foward. I've only been at the table for an hour but haven't seen him do anything too out of the ordinary

V2 - Lost a few hand just from bad play, when I sat down he had $300, he then rebought for another $300 and is down to his last $100. Hes been getting out of line

Hero opens in MP2 with A K to $15 ~$300
Folds to V1 on button he calls ~$265
V2 in SB goes all in for $100
Hero decideds to ISO SB so we shove
V1 calls quickly for $265

I know ripping it in is almost always the right play here. V2 was in "All In or go home mode", so I think we're either racing, or I have him crushed with AQ, AJ, etc. With these stack sizes, we can't make a 4 bet that makes much sense other than All In. Even if I just raised to say $200, I'm always going to have to call the $65 extra if V1 shoves.
That being said, are ever wanting to just flat here? You could make an arguement that the only hands that V1 is calling with are destroying us. If I flat and then V1 calls than that is a very good indication that he has a very strong hand.

As it was it was just kinda of a cooler
V1 had A :s: A - Flatted my $15 open on the button with AA which was very unexpected
V2 had Q Q - Actually stronger than I anticipated, but I don't mind a pretty neutral EV race for $100. I don't think he ever just shoves here with KK or AA, so I assume we're probably racing anyway.
Hero had A K

The board actually ran out

A K x Q x

So we're pretty much always loosing here regardless, but is pre flop fine? Or are other options reasonable?

Tagged:

Comments

• kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 518Subscriber
    I think you played this fine pre. V1 is folding here more often than not with a much weaker hand, and you are often a favorite heads up vs V2.
  • JustfourfunJustfourfun Posts: 200Subscriber
    The all in shove is a mistake. Your comment “... the only hand V1 is calling us with here are destroying us” is important. At the point you shove you are making a huge bet, 90ish times the big blind, at V1. Why take this risk. While its unlikely that v1 has AA or KK those hands are in his range. Slow play does occur. Call the $100 and then lay down when/if V1 then shoves with his rockets. V1 played the hand well, picking a good spot to slow play. It’s a tough spot you are in but playing it right can save $165
  • FISHTANKFISHTANK Posts: 1Subscriber
    edited October 2017
    The all in shove is a mistake. Your comment “... the only hand V1 is calling us with here are destroying us” is important. At the point you shove you are making a huge bet, 90ish times the big blind, at V1. Why take this risk. While its unlikely that v1 has AA or KK those hands are in his range. Slow play does occur. Call the $100 and then lay down when/if V1 then shoves with his rockets. V1 played the hand well, picking a good spot to slow play. It’s a tough spot you are in but playing it right can save $165

I disagree. I think it's a (big) mistake to call 100 and fold to a shove. V1 could easily have QQ, JJ, AK(o). Also the potodds are insane 165 to win 465. you only need ~26% equity.

Raising AI is fine, V2 could have anything and you want V1 to fold out all his pairs etc.
  • sanoxsanox Posts: 82Subscriber
    I think you played it fine, we are not deep enough to flat here.
  • JKHJKH Posts: 835Subscriber
    edited October 2017
    I agree going all in is the play here with these shallow stacks. If u had aa or kk I think a trapping slow play to entice an all in or call from the button would be good.
    A call with hands like a ten or aj would be good if u thought the all in Villian was out of line enough that the hand was ahead of the all in villains range