Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Donkey Calls

Jesse_The_SuitJesse_The_Suit Posts: 493Subscriber, Professional
1-3, 500 effective. Villain is a younger, seemingly competent player. So, right from the jump this is (at least as far as I am concerned) one of the worst hands I have played in a while. Villain opens in early postion to 10 and I flat with nines in MP, everyone else folds. Flop comes out K,T,9, two diamonds. He bets 15, I make it 45. Think that's pretty standard with bottom set. He calls relatively quickly. Turn is an offsuit ace, which I think is an awful card for me, as it might scare a king into folding. He checks, I bet 50. Stupid sizing obviously, as I think sizing down for an ace is reasonable, but betting 50 into 110 isn't big enough. He calls, river is a low offsuit brick. He checks, I bet 75 and he check-raises to 300, so the pot is like 585, 225 to call. But am I ever good here? Getting like 2.5 to one, but I sort of doubt I am got one in 35 times, let alone 3.5. Thought? Thanks in advance nopair and neverlearn. Obviously I called.

Comments

• psi1122psi1122 Posts: 133Subscriber
    edited July 2017
    for the K, T, 9, which of the two are diamonds?

I think that might effect combos on the river. If he has bluffs here, it's going to be the diamonds generally imo.
  • neverlearn2neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    i dont think you played it bad and its a hard fold here for 99. Im willing to bet if we had AA we would take a similar line to get value from lower sets.

hes repping very thin but without specific reads or something, we are 40% on river vs a range of AA KK AK. 29% once we add QJ in. this all depends on if you think Villain will bet small with AA or KK from UTG. To me, a 'solid' player new to the table wont do anything out of line to start, id thnk he will bet higher wth AA or KK but obv this is all speculation.but we also lose to QJ as well. idk here, i could see a fold in real life here. we got the 5th nuts here

But we should be betting more on turn unless you got a read on him which at this point we really dont.

as played i cant fault a call here given odds but would never ever raise.
  • Jesse_The_SuitJesse_The_Suit Posts: 493Subscriber, Professional
    Yeah, two things are certain I should have bet more on the turn and I can never three-bet the river.