Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Winrate per hour

2»

Comments

• neverlearn2neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    guys, im getting hammered online but looking back through stats and snowie has really helped me a ton. some of the issues were just adjusting from live to online again but realized a lot of leaks.

overall very hepful to look through stats.
  • pokertimepokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    guys, im getting hammered online but looking back through stats and snowie has really helped me a ton. some of the issues were just adjusting from live to online again but realized a lot of leaks.

overall very hepful to look through stats.

Online for sure when you have a HUD that can play back hands etc. It's tougher live as you need to have notes to go with the session that indicate you made actual mistakes.
  • maphacksmaphacks Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    Fuzzypup wrote: »
    maphacks wrote: »
    Fuzzypup wrote: »
    Funny. I have the opposite experience. I log my data and look at it to find out WTF is going on. Once I realize why I am losing I correct whatever flaw I am doing due to X or I realize it's just bad luck and move on. It makes me feel better and play better.

By looking at your data you find out about your leaks^^?

Of course. But this is also mental reinforcement.

So imagine you are playing online. You go on a 6 month losing streak. You are losing your mind. You can punch in data to see where things are going wrong. So yea it finds leaks based on a zillion factors but at the same time it could simply be variance. So let's say it is variance. Now your sanity is restored. At least that's how it works for me.

Human beings are pattern recognition experts. Same applies to poker. If you keep bet TPGK, bet TPGK, get raised all in on the turn and call every time to see set 25% of the time you bet it affects you mentally. It rearranges your pattern recognition creating a M.U.B. reaction. It impacts everyone.

For example I had a few live sessions where I kept getting raised on the turn over and over and over non-stop. These were fishy players. You need to fold. But the frequency was almost every hand. It throws off your perception. You can either think they are full of shit or think they always have it and create fear.

Reading the data alleviates this in me. It mostly applies to online. On Ignition you can see the hand the next day. Live you can't but you can learn to play the hand better.

It is one of the reasons why a monster bankroll for your limit is correct.

Oh you were referring to hand histories, not results. well yeah obviously you can learn from that..
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,577Subscriber
    I keep a rough log of the events of the session. Like "got raised a lot on the turn" by X type of players. I mark ones I know who know me. I replay the hand in my heads and note down if I missed any tells. I calculate equities to make sure I am playing right. This is for live play.

Online I did a data sheet on the general tendencies of certain types of players. The data was most revealing. Drastically increased my winrate at Bovada. $100 NL I hit 11.88bb/100 over 2.5 years. $50 NL was lower, I forgot what but the rake impacts that game way more because of the cap. Also sometimes the $50 NL players are a little nutty. At times you get some guy who sits down and just starts raising every other hand. By the time you realize what he is doing and has moved you off a few hands he gets up and leaves. That impacts the win rate right there. You have to account he could be getting lucky and allow for some 30 or so hands at least to see if this guy really is a bad LAG, maniac, or some lucky station.

$100 NL we have less of this non-sense.

$200 NL I stopped playing because they games just weren't good anymore. As Limon says "play the best game who cares the limit"

I only play full ring. I take massive data on everything. I also do a mountain of combo homework. It is one thing I advocate to anyone who wants my help. If you work out different combo situations and follow the general practice in Miller's book and Janda's book of calculating frequencies you improve your game and things become more instinctual.

I have done this so much I have an innate ability to realize equities very quickly during a hand by estimation without actually working it in my head. But in some cases I do when it's simpler.

I have my issues though in poker. I even record when I am an idiot with no reason for being one and the impact on my winrate.