Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Is This Good Sizing for Balance in a 3-bet pot 200BB Deep?

I'm trying to come up with sizing that I will use on both bluffs and value.

Preflop 3-bet: 16BB
Flop: 16BB
Turn: 40BB
River: 128BB

Comments

• stayinschoolstayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    Sizing depends on way too many things...

Board is most important but position of each player, read on the player, and your image also come into it.

• JoannaJoanna Posts: 428Member
    Sizing depends on way too many things...

Board is most important but position of each player, read on the player, and your image also come into it.

OK and after factoring in all those factors we can achieve any semblance of balance?

• stayinschoolstayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    You can have a balanced bet size but that size is going to be different depending on the spot
    Thanked by 1FreeLunch
    You can have a balanced bet size but that size is going to be different depending on the spot

OK.

So basically let's say we use only one factor, the board texture and we can have it two ways: dry and wet. So then we'll have two sets of sizing: for dry boards and for wet boards. But always same size for bluffs and value.

Then we can expand this to more factors such as opponent type, image, position, etc. We can have 5 factors, each factor broken down into 2 conditions. Then we'll have 25 (or whatever the right number of combos is) bet sizing "sets" but each set will use the same size for value and bluffs.

Is my understanding correct?

• AcidhaussAcidhauss Posts: 291Subscriber
    Matt Janda wrote a whole book on this exact topic, among many other very valuable concepts that have massively improved my game. I really can't recommend it enough.

• bingyianbingyian Posts: 90Subscriber
    How tough are the games you're playing in?
    bingyian wrote: »
    How tough are the games you're playing in?

I think I know where you're going with this. The answer is it really depends on the table. If it happens to be a table with a good number of decent regs, yes, I feel I should balancing a lot of stuff and certainly stuff like betting same size for value and bluff.