Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5: Light 3-Bet Line Check

$1000 eff. V is a standard TAG grinder. 2 limps, he opens CO to $30, I 3b BB to $120 with K 2 only he calls.

Flop: 9 8 6 :s: $257 Check-check
Turn: 6 $257

Should we fire here or just give up?

Comments

• pokertimepokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    I think I prefer a c-bet to take it down. Your IP and can always check turn if it's not working out and you want to give up then. You really have to be willing to double barrel and even empty the clip if your going to 3! this hand. When he just flats PF he likely has a big A or PP he's set mining so he probably whiffed the flop. The turn is actually a card that may get him to stick around so it's a tough spot. What are you rep'ing? You would check the flop with AA to see a safe turn before you bet? If anything he'd expect you to bet flop in case he has JJ and wants to peel one etc. You can't just 3! give up but I expect to get called a fair amount as played OTT and then kick myself for not c-betting.
  • AcidhaussAcidhauss Posts: 291Subscriber
    Pre I dont mind a 3bet, athough I generally prefer flatting esp if the guy behinds a spud.

Flop, as played it can go either way. In a vacuum I like betting 40% pot with my whole range. I also quite like check calling or delay cbetting too. Either way Im definitely not folding

Depends on the guy!
  • stayinschoolstayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    I would 3 bet hands with a little more playability pre flop, 53s type of stuff.

AP I think it makes a lot of sense to check this flop with all our hands. Exploitively if you can fold out AJ, AQ type hands with like a 30% pot sized bet that might be best but generally i'll be checking, possibly to bluff later.
  • ArenzanoArenzano Posts: 1,464Subscriber
    Obviously your 3 bet is a bluff, so my question is what led to you to attempt this play against the CO? If you describe him as TAG grinder, I would think he is iso raising with a range that is value centric. I think this spot calls for something more playable on your part, especially OOP.

I would plan to check fold OTF. OTT I think a 2/3 PSB ($180) would get him to fold most of his range, but I would suspect he'll continue with all his TT+ PP.
  • JoannaJoanna Posts: 428Member
    Arenzano wrote: »
    Obviously your 3 bet is a bluff, so my question is what led to you to attempt this play against the CO? If you describe him as TAG grinder, I would think he is iso raising with a range that is value centric. I think this spot calls for something more playable on your part, especially OOP.

I would plan to check fold OTF. OTT I think a 2/3 PSB ($180) would get him to fold most of his range, but I would suspect he'll continue with all his TT+ PP.

Hm... he may have something like T9s. Is that value centric? :) Or he may have something like KJo. My point I think we can fold out a lot of his "mild" value range and I think he should be pretty wide in CO even vs the 2 limps.