Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Podcast No. 211 "Examining River Check Raises"

Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,115Administrator, LeadPro
This week Bart takes a look at river check raises. He discusses several hands where he thinks that they were prudent and examines different conditions that must be met in order to implement the technique for max value.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/examining-river-check-raises
Thanked by 1ZambrotA
Tagged:

Comments

• Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,115Administrator, LeadPro
    I used a post production effect this week called “truncate silence”. It takes some of the pauses out of the podcast. I’d like to hear some feedback as to whether or not you guys think that it made the recording sound rushed or made me sound like I was talking fast. It reduced the time of the show from 1hr 7 minutes down to 1hr 1 min
    Thanked by 1ZambrotA
  • ZambrotAZambrotA Posts: 372Subscriber
    Bart wrote: »
    I used a post production effect this week called “truncate silence”. It takes some of the pauses out of the podcast. I’d like to hear some feedback as to whether or not you guys think that it made the recording sound rushed or made me sound like I was talking fast. It reduced the time of the show from 1hr 7 minutes down to 1hr 1 min

Interesting Podcast and about the "Truncate Silence", i didn't feel anything negative listening it then i assume it's worth it as it reduced some of the "dead time".

TY, Keep it up!!
  • BlackBoxEquityBlackBoxEquity Posts: 165Subscriber
    Listening to the episode as I am reading this and can definitely tell there is much less "silence." That being said, it's almost like you are not taking a break to breathe and it makes it more difficult to keep up with your thoughts. I would rather have 6 extra minutes of air-time rather than having to pause and go back when I miss something. I understand I might be in the minority as I like to take notes on new concepts/ideas that you throw out when I listen. The non-notetakers may prefer the slightly abridged version, and if that's the case, I will survive. I always considered the power of pausing to be helpful and more natural.
  • workinghardworkinghard Posts: 1,573Subscriber
    Didn't notice a difference but i pause a lot to take notes and such. Your podcasts are pretty high quality. Keep it up.